Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2/25

Blog Rationale:

I started participating in Meatless Mondays (info here) this month and as a result, I've been taking pictures of my food on my meatless days. Participating has forced me to think outside the box about what I eat. Along the way I realized that when I take pictures of my food, I feel more accountable about what I eat. I take more care in choosing what to eat, incorporate more vegetables, and pay more attention to portion sizes. I recently graduated from my university and am unfortunately still unemployed... so my activity level has decreased a lot. I'm hoping to start this food blog so I can continue to eat healthier and work on other things... Spaghetti monster knows I have a lot to work on. Although this is mainly to document my food, I'll occasionally dabble on music, my work progress, my sleeping schedule, my physical activity, and so on.

Today's Om Nom Noms:

I ate a lot of leftover food today. My siblings don't eat enough of the food that my grandmother and mom make (*cough cough brother Kevin). My sleeping schedule is also a bit messed up since I don't have to wake up at a certain time so I'll skip the breakfast, lunch, dinner terms. 

Oi, I woke up and fully got up at 11:30am today. Tomorrow I'll work on getting up earlier... 

1st meal (12pm): my grandma's bun rieu (egg, tomato, cha lua, pork); my mom's peppery fish cakes; banh tet (mung bean, rice, pork belly). I only ate about a fourth of the soup. 



2nd meal (6pm): bread roll from this Korean bakery my mom frequents; my mum's braised and peppered pork belly with cooked greens (I'm not sure what the main component is, but there was green beans and cilantro); kimchi. At 7pm, I decided to eat a small piece of my sister's leftover birthday ice green cake. 


3rd meal (12am): finishing up the bowl of bun rieu I ate earlier; I also finished up the rest of the fish balls and ate a small piece of bread with Cilantro pesto. My brother made the bread in his culinary class and it's pretty good!



What I'm listening to:
  • Alt-J: Breezeblocks (link)
  • Marina and the Diamonds: Primadonna (link)
  • Joy Wellboy: Lay down your blades (link)
  • A$AP Rocky feat. Skrillex and Birdy Nam Nam: Wild for the Night (link)
Interesting Articles I read today: 
  • There is no such thing as prostitution (link)
  • New Snowden Doc Reveals How GCHQ/NSA Use The Internet To 'Manipulate, Deceive And Destroy Reputations' (link)

No comments:

Post a Comment